• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Still seems too hot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gmattox

Registered
I have an Athlon 1.2G Oc'd to 1.4G. (10.5x133) It was running around 45 under full load(folding@home) with a clip fan(the household kind) blowing directly on it. I replaced the stock Hs and fan with a volcano with copper and now it runs about 46 under full load, without the fan. If I put the case on, it goes up to about 54. What can I do to cool this down with the case on. Should I put a blowhole in the top, do I need more than the single front intake, or both?? Any suggestions appreciated.

id do the case test. take the side panals off. put a large house fan in front of it. and if this still gets a 50c@load u need a better hs

but sounds as if case airflow is the main prob. u need at minimum 1 intake 1 exhaust. not count psu fan. and yeh a blow hole on top helps tremendisly. hot air rises!

Back