• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More GPUs - need a MB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RipD

I've been asking for advice for a while - was going to do an I7 920 or 930 build last year which never happened. Went for a 2600K in Jan which is running nicely - no regrets there. With that doing bigadv WUs and a few GPUs I'm putting up some decent points - I should be in the ~450K/week range from now on.

I've got some 8800GT cards and a 250 GTS sitting idle due to a shortage of pcie slots. I have processors, ram, and PSU - I need 775 boards with more slots. Any suggestions for a relatively inexpensive mb with 3 pcie slots that will run at 8x? Rather than just adding one I'd consider replacing my current 775 boards if I can boards with 3 slots cheaply enough.

Last edited:
The 6.41 systray version is the easiest to set up. I prefer the console version, because I feel like I have more control over where it installs and how it's configured. THere is no difference in performance of the two 6.41 clients. You have to use 6.41 with a fermi card.

You lost me Chas. I am running Fermi GPUs now - looking for a 775 mb recommendation to get more GPUs folding.

Just looked at other posts - suspect you meant to reply to this one. ;)

Last edited:
Back