• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Viewable TV output?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CSaddict

I was wondering if anyone knows if ATI cards have a different TV setup than Nvidia? I have a GF 2 GTS PRO and the text on the TV is almost not readable. My father is looking for a card that he can read Email on his 51 inch projection TV. I told him that 800x600 is as high as they go and my sony trinitron TV doesn't allow me to read very much. He said he saw a Radeon that was on tv that said you could read text. Can anyone direct me to card that he would be able to use. He has bad eyes so he wants to use the big sceen. Thanks

RainmaQer hit it on the head , the Geforce cards are not know for the best 2D video thats just a plain fatc.

Radeon 7500 or 8500 are the only cards that do 1024x768 with HDTV support.

I do not know if your 51" rear projection set is HDTV but if not the 7500 is the way to go.

I love it when I connect to my 40" widescreen Toshiba HDTV.

Cisco Kid

Hmmm... Well.. being that I have a Geforce 3... I gotta throw this in... Some manufactuars (mine included) used a tv out module controller chip doohickey :D that supports 1024x768... but as of yet... I have yet to actually try it out :rolleyes: But the 7500 does 1024x768 FOR SURE :D

I cant find anything on ati's website or any other for that matter that says the TV resolution is 1024x768? Where do I find that so I can email him the info?

i have a retail RADEON ATI 8500

i use my regualr 36 in TV in my room (not HDTV) and i cant
read crap on it. does this only work in HDTV's

Back