• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SECC and SECC2 slots???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tismedt

Shadow ÒÓ's after me!!!
Ok heres a newbie ? Will a secc2 chip work in a secc slot? I have and old IWILL BD100 legacy board and I'm thinking of upgrading the cpu. I found a 600 secc2 chip and wonder will it work?????
Any respone would be great.

Whether the cartridge type is SECC or SECC2 won't matter; both work in slot 1 mobos.

What is the 600? Is it 133FSB or 100FSB? Most likely it will work but you may have to mess with the BIOS or possibly jumpers.

I just looked again its a PIII 500 not a 600 and its @100mhz. Its a new OEM CPU @ compgeeks.com. Just thinking right now. Tax return just hit bank account and boy does it burn. Must spend soon or I wont have any pockets left:D

dont buy it there are no 500 Cumines meaning you wont be able to oc it is more advisable to get a Celly and a slocket.... otherwise you could get a 900mhz Duron and an ECS board for like 70-100$.....the only difference between SECC and SECC2 is the heatsink....

Believe me, I still have one of those acient chips and their pretty expensive. They go off E-Bay for around, 70-100 dollars. Its just not worth it. Get yourself a Duron or Tualatin setup, or something that will last longer where those chips are coming to an end.

Yodums

OK I will look at the comp show this weekend and see what I can get. The bd100 board is still in fine shape though and its a shame to not use it. Right now its my server w/ pII 350. Ive had it since what 97/98 when 100mhz boards were all the rage.

like i said get a good slocket and a celeron 800 if its a cDo or a 900.....hit 1.2 and itll be much faster than that katmai PIII will ever be.......

funnyperson1 said:
like i said get a good slocket and a celeron 800 if its a cDo or a 900.....hit 1.2 and itll be much faster than that katmai PIII will ever be.......

Tru dat! Sell the board and get yourself a nice board and a good chip that will actually last. Your going to be swapping chips every month if you do the old upgrade thing (I've been there, and done that).

Ok I bought a duron 1000 and a ecs k7s5a. I wanted to get a soltek board but there were none to be found and I trust the seller I got the ecs from. Now a ? I saw a link some time back (couple of weeks) that showed a list of all the cpu bridge settings and how to set them to raise and lower factory settings ie fsb, multi, clk. Does anyone know of this link if so would you post it again. As I remember it was a german site. though i could be wrong about that.

Thanks

Back