• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Megahalem install question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theELVISCERATOR

For those who have put this monster in,

When installing the backplate, it seems to be a tad loose but the orings are in, and all bolts are tight, (the double threaded ones), is this normal. I have the plate facing the back of the mobo with the open area for a 775 towards mobo, without the spacer pad.

this is an 1155 install....thanks!

I recently put one of thoes in a 1366 for a build for a friend. I used the backplate and had everything nice and tight. It should not be lose at all. Just make sure you didn't for get to put in the two cross bars with the groove that the other bar locks into across them.... I need to go find some pictures, but you probably know what i'm talkng about...

Installed, I think it depends on the mobo thickness, because after googling, I found about half had loose ones that tightened after final tightening like mine and others were tight from the get go.

After bolting everything together its very solid feeling now. this msi board feels a tad thinner then my abits.

Just about ready for initial boot!...WML!

If you want to tighten those up a bit because your board is thinner, you can go buy some nylon #6 washers at Lowes or Home Depot. I know the local Lowes has them in New Iberia, which is where I've bought them in the past.

^^^Washer mod is great for increasing mounting pressure, just be careful not to overdo it.

Well this cooler is too tall to fit into my 1200!..wth.. I had to remove the plexi, and fasten the fan right to the screen on the case side. I like!

What kind of temps are you running with Megahalem and at GHZ?

in case right now, 60c ish running prime95 blend at 4700 @ 1.39 under load,

Push pull with 2 scythe case fans, they dont move a ton of air but they are pretty quiet.

Before I was on the test stand, I knew in case would be somewhat different.

Great temps and you have headroom for more :) Heres my Scythe "Ultra Kaze" on Megatron, I made the clips to hold the 38mm wide fans on and hooked them up to a fan controller. LOL Your i7 2600K is loven Megatron :) IMG_0490-1.jpg

Ya its looks like megatron alright, I did throw a more powerful Sunon fan on the rig, but too much racket. 275 (2).jpg

Last edited:
I use Photo Bucket, it resizes the pic as soon as I upload and when I post the link of the pic it will "fit" the pic to the forum. Cool, Yeah!

Last edited:
Now I can "see" you had to lower the fan in the side panel, that's good so the air is cooling your GPU directly and Megatron will fit with the side panel on. Looks Great Elvis :)

Last edited:
Know I can "see" you had to lower the fan in the side panel, that's good so the air is cooling your GPU directly and Megatron will fit with the side panel on. Looks Elvis :)

Ya the flash and the desk lamp amplified the dust factor 100x..lol..its working pretty well, surfing the web like now i am running 27c...

Yeah, those dust bunnies get blown out about once every two months. LOL, I pack my rig out to my garage and fire up the air compressor and give it a Blast. Your surfing temps are the same as mine running 3.7GHz, WoW the i7 2600K is cool running at 4.7GHz :)

Back