• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

04cobra555

Registered
I just finished my first build but when i turn it on i get only two beeps. All the fans are working including the heatsink fans on the processor and video card. I called asus and they said 2 beeps means either a processor or ram issue, but how often is more than one ram stick dead? Any help is greatly appreciated!

CPU: phenom ii x6 1090t
GPU: sapphire 6950 2gb
Ram: g.skill 2x4gb 1333 cl7
Motherboard: crosshair iv formula
Hdd: samsung spinpoint 1tb
Powersupply: Raidmax rx 850 ae 80 plus gold
Optical: standard asus dvd burner
Cpu Cooler: stock

Last edited:
Just to make sure, u did read ur moboguide to see in what slots u should be sitting it ram in right.
If u did then try just one stick and put it wherever it tells u in the manual to put it if u only have 1 stick

yes, i tried each stick in each slot but the moboguide says a1 b1 for dual channel.

I already requested an rma for the processor but im still not sure whether it's the processor or the ram. Im leaning towards a processor issue because the moboguide says if the ram doesn't work their would be 1 long beep follwed by 2 short beeps then a pause and there's only 2 beeps

In situations like this it's a good idea to remove the motherboard and set everything up outside the case to eliminate a ground out problem as what might happen when a motherboard tray standoff is misplaced or a screw has fallen between the tray and the underside of the motherboard. But first I would remove/disconnect all nonessential components and retry inside the case. I would also turn off the PSU and try resetting the cmos.

wow I just realized that the mobo has faulty part indicator leds, so it turns out it's the cpu. Im going to rma it and i just bought the corsair h70.

Thanks for all the help guys!!

Back