• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Network not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rigit

I've got an Acer 5570Z laptop. I had to pull it apart a while back because the power plug shorted out. This thing has a "power board" in it and was easily replaced. My problem is that ever since I got it up and running my network hasn't worked. Windows sees the card and says it's working properly but no network detection. I thought maybe it was bad so I ordered a new card and installed it. Same thing. Windows installed the drivers set the card up and said it's working properly. No network. Right now I'm using a USB adapter but I need to get the card working. Any suggestions?

I've got an Acer 5570Z laptop. I had to pull it apart a while back because the power plug shorted out. This thing has a "power board" in it and was easily replaced. My problem is that ever since I got it up and running my network hasn't worked. Windows sees the card and says it's working properly but no network detection. I thought maybe it was bad so I ordered a new card and installed it. Same thing. Windows installed the drivers set the card up and said it's working properly. No network. Right now I'm using a USB adapter but I need to get the card working. Any suggestions?

Im going to ask you basic then advanced questions.
1. Did you clean out the slot?
2. Did you clean the actual metal part that plugs into the laptop?
3. Have you considered having the mobo replaced? It could be a bad card slot.

Hope all this can help. Lemme know if nothing works and I'll look more into it

under networks, is the connection set as disabled?

If the first was bad, then something that could be holding the 2nd card back is your router security settings. I think your MAC address is different now with a new card. If your router is set to only allow certain MACs then it wouldnt let you on untill you added the new to the list of allowed.

Does the ip adress configuration on the card conflict with how your router is sending ips out?

Back