• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop Activity problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flameethrower

Month ago i send my laptop out since under warranty to fix the screen. It was sent back stating cables were replaced and hard drive replaced and windows restored.

Since then randomly the computer will be running like normal, screen shuts off at the time i made fo 15 mins. When i go to move the mouse the screen or computer doest respond. I look and theres no activity on the harddrive light.

If i turn computer off by holding power button and turn it back on everything works normally and it might happen once a week or twice a week.

I think its a driver for hard drive or something i have no clue. And it only randomly happens, so its not worth sending it back since i know they wont be able to reproduce it and just send it back.

laptop is the hp pavilion 3025-dx specs below

Sounds like the restored windows have you in hibernation and its not coming out of it. Turn hibernation off.

Sounds like the restored windows have you in hibernation and its not coming out of it. Turn hibernation off.

I did that by cmd prompt of powercfg -h off. and it still happened so i turned it back on. Went into power options and disabled it and still.

I reset all the hp settings to default and rewent though everything and turned off hibernaiton and sleep again. Ill report back if it happen again

1584myq.png.jpg

Last edited:
Back