• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED 3Com XJACK Card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CompuTamer

Member with Some Fancy Text Under His Name
This should not be this hard. Windows can't find a driver for this wireless card, Google can't find it, and HP is useless because they won't give me a SAID number.

So, i need either a driver for this thing, or an HP SAID number. The card is a 3Com SL-3050 A/B/G card. OS is Windows XP Home 32bit.

Any and all help is appreciated.

So the name of the driver that your card uses is 3CRPAG175B. I found that this program on this page provides you with that driver.

The program ran without any intention of adware involved. I got to the point in the program where it couldn't sense my wireless card (because I don't have one). Hopefully it will find yours and give you the right driver!

Brian

So the name of the driver that your card uses is 3CRPAG175B. I found that this program on this page provides you with that driver.

The program ran without any intention of adware involved. I got to the point in the program where it couldn't sense my wireless card (because I don't have one). Hopefully it will find yours and give you the right driver!

Brian
Thanks! I'll try that one when I get home.

On a funny note, called HP about this, and they insisted that my notebook didn't support WiFi since it didn't come with it, and then tried to sell me a whole new laptop for $400 I already have a 6910p, I just wanted the drivers for this card for a friend that has a Toshiba.

"Can you just give me the SAID number that I'm supposed to have gotten anyway?"
"I'm sorry, but that number is not available. We reccomend that you buy this laptop. I'll give $100 instant rebate"
-hangs up-

Support is useless. :bang head

Thanks! I'll try that one when I get home.

On a funny note, called HP about this, and they insisted that my notebook didn't support WiFi since it didn't come with it, and then tried to sell me a whole new laptop for $400 I already have a 6910p, I just wanted the drivers for this card for a friend that has a Toshiba.

"Can you just give me the SAID number that I'm supposed to have gotten anyway?"
"I'm sorry, but that number is not available. We reccomend that you buy this laptop. I'll give $100 instant rebate"
-hangs up-

Support is useless. :bang head

:rofl:

Ridiculous.

Back