• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap effective and quiet cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rocketheavy

Registered
I am looking for one. Have about $50 bucks to spend. I am building a new rig later so it has to be AM3 and LGA1155 compatible. Any suggestions?

*Has to be easy to install onto my Phenom X2 550.

Last edited:
^^ ???????????????

One of the best coolers you can get for the price right now.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065

Will do you just fine. Alot of people run them with good results. For under $50, cant do much better. If you can open up your pricing to $60-$70, you can get a better cooler but honestly dont help for a decent overclock (unless you want that edge for extreme air).

I R facepalm...for some reason I read ram cooler...not sure what I was thinking. HYPER 212, the new evercool transformer, or an old TRUE will all fall in that price range :)

^^ ???????????????

Will do you just fine. Alot of people run them with good results. For under $50, cant do much better. If you can open up your pricing to $60-$70, you can get a better cooler but honestly dont help for a decent overclock (unless you want that edge for extreme air).

This....

Man. Bombarded with hyper 212+'s. Looks like its compatible with am3 and 1155.

^^ ???????????????

And for the same cooler at a better price, check out Amazon.com right here. About 7 1/2 bucks cheaper than Newegg and free shipping and is the place I bought mine from to review.

Oooh, good pickup muddocktor. I always reference newegg as a quick one and never check amazon. Not quite sure why I dont include amazon in my price searches more often (I do when I search in depth though).

Oooh, good pickup muddocktor. I always reference newegg as a quick one and never check amazon. Not quite sure why I dont include amazon in my price searches more often (I do when I search in depth though).

google products FTW

BTW, just ordered a couple of heatsinks to review head to head, so to speak. Ordered a MUX120 and another True Spirit (sold my last one) to see if what I think is going on there is happening in actuality. I haven't laid my hands on a MUX120 yet, but from looking at the pics of it, it looks to be just a gussied up and prettified True Spirit. I should know when I get back in from the rig in a couple of weeks at least.

Back