• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best fans to use for radiators? Such as an H50?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

2-1 Actual

I'm looking at upgrading the fan on my Corsair H50, as it's still stock. As I keep pushing the clock higher on the i7, temps are getting a little high for my liking.

I'd like to get the best deal for my money obviously, so should I be looking at the best CFM ratings? A while back I was reading about static pressure ratings, would that be more important for radiator cooling? I'd like to get some red LED fans to complement my case if possible :attn:

Thanks

Yate loons are the best for the money, no question. The best performers overall are Gentle typhoons though.

To make the H50 perform, you'll need big fans. Yes Yate Loons are a good choice, cheap for performance. Get the highest speed ones you can. Sorry about the noise.

The H50 is still below par compared to a real WC loop, costing much more.

If your looking for 'uber' performance from your chip, you can't be using skinny cheap tires anymore like a race car.

Anyhoo, a good push pull even 38mm thick San Ace fans at 3000 RPM would help.

Make sure your case airflow can handle higher CFM through the case. One side massive airflow, the other restricts flow, then it's a waste.

Thanks for the tips guys. So all in all CFM is pretty important? My case is a HAF-X so airflow isn't much of a problem.
But yeah I've been lookin' into WC kits for some time but it's hard to drop that much money at the moment lol.

CFM ratings are important but it depends if you are going with a silent fan setup dBa ratings are also important.

I use the 140mm version of this as a side intake fan its great it can get a bit loud at max rpm but it definitely performs well.

That makes sense, the only fan I can ever hear though is the GTX 470. I'd really like to go liquid on that thing in the future, what a jet engine lol. In any case, decibels aren't a huge priority for me, I'd rather get better temps in exchange for louder fans.

That makes sense, the only fan I can ever hear though is the GTX 470. I'd really like to go liquid on that thing in the future, what a jet engine lol. In any case, decibels aren't a huge priority for me, I'd rather get better temps in exchange for louder fans.

well, maybe you can grab something from delta then.
nidec and the san ace are actually good to....

I really love my Delta PFC1212DE:drool:, but it's really noisy without a controller:cry:

Back