• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 2500k voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrmdtek

hi to all , i have a g skill ram cl7 8 7 24 2t 1.35v 1600mhz and i want to overclock the cpu but i don't know which Memory Voltage i put and which vccio voltage i put . because i read in bit-tech.net that :

Memory Voltage: As with LGA1366 and LGA1156 CPUs, keep this value to within 0.5V of the VCCIO voltage to prevent long term damage to the CPU. By default, this is 1.1V, which means the 1.65V used by previous Intel DDR3 memory is still acceptable. However, more recent memory will be rated at 1.5V (or even 1.35V if you choose a low-voltage kit). Increasing the VCCIO voltage obviously gives you more overhead on your memory voltage (remember, add +0.5V at most or risk damaging your CPU).

but in bit tech they say that the difference between the vccio and the memory voltage should be 0.5v

They are idiots. I run it just fine without that.... so does everyone else. That was with the LAST gen stuff last, not SB.

u mean that no problem if i put my ram 1.35v and the vccio 1.1v?

Back