• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will this cheap Gateway laptop run a few games?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dgk

This one, $350. Mostly I need it for demoing some programming things and I'm sure it is better than what I currently have. But can it run things like Dragon Age, Oblivion, and Borderlands? Maybe Dragon Age 2? I don't expect high end graphics but it if works decently that would be ok.

Right now I have an old Everex XT5000T which, outside of being extinct, actually does run those games (except for DA2 which I haven't tried yet). But it's heavy and huge and shows signs of dying.

Thanks.

This one, $350. Mostly I need it for demoing some programming things and I'm sure it is better than what I currently have. But can it run things like Dragon Age, Oblivion, and Borderlands? Maybe Dragon Age 2? I don't expect high end graphics but it if works decently that would be ok.

Right now I have an old Everex XT5000T which, outside of being extinct, actually does run those games (except for DA2 which I haven't tried yet). But it's heavy and huge and shows signs of dying.

Thanks.
Maybe on the LOWEST settings with that 4250 video card... maybe.

My current old Laptop has a Nvidia Go 7600 card. Could it be slower than that? Because that one does a decent job on the games.

Im not sure how those cards compare. I would imagine it to be the same or a little better.

i believe the 4250 is pretty much the same as my onboard 4290, and it should be able to handle simple games, most of cod 4 can be played on a 4290 all settings on low with lag in a few areas for example.

Back