• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA B-Stock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So tempted on a 460, it's only the 768mb version though, but for $90 who cares?? What is the performance difference between a 768mb, the 1gig and a 560? I know the 256 vs 192bit difference accounts for a few percentages.

There's not a ton of difference between the 768 and 1gb. Basically I'd say for 1920x1080 or less the 768 is enough and for 1920x1200 get the 1gb. Anything more than 1200 would need a stronger card altogether anyway.

I play at 1080p, and I have a 768mb. Playing black ops with ~800 core clock 8x AA and 16x AF highest details I average 80-85fps and never go below 70 ever. If I turn it to 4x AA the FPS stays pegged at the max capped 90. Thats where the higher memory bandwidth of the 1gb would come in and do a little better, but honestly I notice no real difference between 4x and 8x anyway :shrug:

Just noticed this thread. What's "B-Stock" signify? Is this refurbished tech? The 460FPB looks like a decent price so it's made me curious.

Last edited:
Just noticed this thread. What's "B-Stock" signify? Is this refurbished tech? The 460FPB looks like a decent price so it's made me curious.

I was curious also, and from what I can tell it's a cross between open box and refurbished. Parts that have been purchased, returned to the manufacturer and looked over, but not repaired or anything. That's the way I understand it at least.

Definitely not refurbished, that is a specific classification for items that are/were damaged in some way and had to be restored to working order. B-stock is merely a classification for items that are being sold as 'not new' with lesser/no warranty. The degree of not-newness will vary.

EVGA's B stock is all new items, atleast anything I've bought from them were. They can just sell it cheap because they only offer 90 day warranties on them.

EVGA's B-stock is just overflow that they want to get rid of, the 400 series doesn't sell too much anymore so they put it in B stock to liquidate it.

Last edited:
4600? You mean gtx460? A 460 is a masive upgrade from an 8800gt, stronger than 8800gt SLI.

saw that it doesn't come with any accessories, what accessories would you need for this? Thinking about grabbing to 460's and running sli

saw that it doesn't come with any accessories, what accessories would you need for this? Thinking about grabbing to 460's and running sli

There isn't really any accessories that come with a card besides the worthless molex to PCIe adapter and well the mini HDMI to full HDMI adapter. Thats it.

I'd probably rather have the 768mb for $90. The SE only has 288 stream processors and a lower stock core clock of 648mhz when the B-Stock 768mb gtx460 has 336 stream processors and 720 core clock.

Also, EVGA's mail in rebates void the warranty then, so thats basically why they can give you that money back. You might as well buy B-stock!

There isn't really any accessories that come with a card besides the worthless molex to PCIe adapter and well the mini HDMI to full HDMI adapter. Thats it.

I'd probably rather have the 768mb for $90. The SE only has 288 stream processors and a lower stock core clock of 648mhz when the B-Stock 768mb gtx460 has 336 stream processors and 720 core clock.

Also, EVGA's mail in rebates void the warranty then, so thats basically why they can give you that money back. You might as well buy B-stock!

Evga's mail in rebates do not void the warranty.

Last edited:
I was going to pull the trigger on one of the b-stock cards, but the deal has expired. The rebates that were showing yesterday are GONE today. The prices now aren't so good... still less than full retail, but quite a bit higher than they were.

Back