• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EXPIRED EVGA B Stock Flash Sale

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Good deals for sure, but yeah the 1 year warranty scares me away. That and at least the descriptions don't even mention having all of the cables. For example, the 1600w says it only comes with a single 3-connector SATA cable.

I wonder if it's somehow related to this - https://wccftech.com/evga-quitting-pc-business-all-employees-including-kingpin-have-resigned/
I know the source, but somehow it was reposted almost everywhere in the last few days. EVGA said there is no problem, but it feels like they cover up something. Hard to say how much truth is there, but it doesn't look good considering limited availability of most new products and the EU store is like dead for some months (even more than usual). They left GPU market and there are no other, new products for long months. The last "new product" was released in the last year if I'm right.

Jacob Freeman, a LONG time Global Product Mgr, also left in April... title according to linkin is... Nvidia Evangelist. So... writing is/was on the wall I feel.

When a company stops making their main product line this is going to happen. If that article is true then I'm not surprised.

Sigh, that completely blows.

Although at least according to update #2 on there evga said nobody had resigned from Taiwan including kingpin. So who knows at this point.

Kingpin doesn't have much to do nowadays. There is a Z790 Dark mobo released half year ago and nothing else. I can't see him benching anything too (at least no loud results like used to be some years ago).
I'm only surprised that a company like EVGA doesn't want to make a deal with AMD and maybe Intel. They could switch the teams and keep going. There were two AMD mobos from them and that's all. Both were removed from EVGA website some time ago. I highly doubt they couldn't just work with AMD motherboards and graphics cards, as even below average Chinese brands handle it pretty well (like production and sales, not so much quality and end-user support).
There is still no official confirmation, but it's hard to keep going when the only good product line are PSUs. Audio cards and other things are already discontinued.

The article has been updated: "Update #2: EVGA has confirmed that they are still very much in the PC buisness and none of their employees (including KINGPIN) has resigned."

Yeah I read that too. Guess they changed their minds and are fighting to stay afloat with what ever products they have left.

While GPUs were high volume for the company, my understanding is they are often low to negative margins, especially when putting together units as high quality as EVGA was known for. Maybe they will keep making boards on a limited basis. I assume that they can do much better margins on PSUs and they are probably the first or second recommendation for a high quality unit along with Seasonic, so I don't see that business going anywhere. They also have their CLCs, which are of course just asetek so easy enough to stay in that business as well. They also appear to be selling peripherals.

I'm not sure I would characterize that as having to, "keep going with no products," but it is definitely a large change to the business.

The article has been updated: "Update #2: EVGA has confirmed that they are still very much in the PC buisness and none of their employees (including KINGPIN) has resigned."

It's only a question if they say that to cover up something or really there is no problem.

Check their store. Every single product except for a palm rest (I assume that was collecting dust) is out of stock. There are not so many products in general, so it's easy to check. I'm not sure about graphics cards, as their server crashed or something, but they only have RTX3000 or older that were on sale recently.
We were talking in another thread some months ago about EVGA audio products being discontinued. CLC was barely ever available and wasn't selling well (no wonder with such big competition). X570 motherboards were like a single batch and disappeared. With Z790 motherboards is the same. I wanted to buy Z790 Dark, and it was available for maybe 1.5 months in the US only.
The EU store has had no office/warehouse in the EU for over a year. They moved all sales to Taiwan HQ a long time ago.

I always liked EVGA, so I wouldn't be happy to see them disappear from the market, but it's not normal when they have nothing available in their store and barely any new products in the last 8-12 months.
Another way could be clearing the stock and going for a totally new line of products, but it's not something that happens in a week and requires a huge amount of money. With constantly lowering profits in the PC market, I'm not sure if it's the case.

Last edited:
I never really considered a manufacturers website to be a main source of retail activity, but it would definitely show up more quickly than the downstream reatailers. I guess we will see what happens, I definitely hope they pull through though.

Looks like there are still some huge discounts compared to what they have had stuff listed at for the last year.

2080 Ti B-Stock cards are finally at a realistic price lol. Last week they were still priced at $1199. I half wonder if they are looking over what they are offering in B-Stock and trying to reset to realistic prices, or if they are just clearing out what's left in the warehouse/office so they can get out of those facilities/close down.

I never really considered a manufacturers website to be a main source of retail activity, but it would definitely show up more quickly than the downstream reatailers. I guess we will see what happens, I definitely hope they pull through though.
Normally true but Evga was a little different. Especially during the supply issues their website was the primary way to get their cards with their wait list. They also had a great forum with actual staff involvement and support. Except for used cards I've bought all my EVGA cards direct. When they announced no 4000 series cards I felt the end was near. Unless they all of the sudden start making AMD cards I don't see them lasting which is very sad.

If any weird Chinese brand can have AMD, then I see no reason why EVGA couldn't manufacture graphics cards with AMD GPUs. Maybe finally would be something interesting as most AIBs have similar looking and already boring products. Not to mention that they are usually worse quality than Nvidia cards (with some exceptions).

Back