• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WUs for all!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vodka314

Ok, I finally got my setiq server working. Took long enough..... I got 350 wus sitting there waiting to be dled. My ip and port is 24.64.29.148:500 Its on a cable line, so it should be a pretty fast connection.

umm proxy server... i use seti driver with the clc version of seti does this mean i cant use your seti queue server?

Open Setidriver, and you will see under the title Proxy/Socks server, a button for proxy server. Under Host, put my ip address (24.64.29.148), and under port, put the port I have open (500). It should work. Sorry for the lack of explination in my above post.

ok got it :) workin like a charm thanx hmmm will my getting a work unit every 3 hours or so be too much?? if not then i was thinking about lowering my cache size.... and i can connect to u or bdogg whenever i need a work unit.... ur more reliable then berkele right now hehe btw what time do u have it connect to fill its cache up?

Connect whenever you need a wu. I have it set up to be looking for wus all the time. But mind you, with a cache of 350 or so, it wont need to get wus for a bit, unless a bunch of people decide to get wus from me. But yeah, go right ahead and get all the wus you need.

Someone should sticky this!

any idea of how long at max it would be down for?? just an estimate is all i need so i can ajust my cache size on seti driver since i dont think i will need it so high if i can connect to you whenever i need a work unit

It would be down for enough time to reboot, but, this comming weekend, it might possibly be down for 4 days, Im going on a ski trip. But I shall beg and plead with the parents for it to be kept up. So, except for the very rare occasion, it will be down 1ce or 2ce a week for like 5 minutes at a time. I am leaving early thursday morning, and will be back sometime on sunday for that ski trip, so, if your getting your cache from me, 4 days worth should do it.

this is a great idea
got a couple of WU's off the proxy when i couldnt get them from berkley
this should be added as a sticky cause this idea rocks for people like me without a permanent connection
:D

Hi Vodka- Great idea. I'm connected. Looks like someone is on the line now.

Today it looks like a partial holiday at Berkely so it's a little better.

I'm trying both. At least yours doesn't say try in an hour.

Thanks and have a good ski trip.

Harvey

Back