• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P8P67 and Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

potatoandtomato

Hello all.

I just ordered a new cooler for my i7-2600k, and I am not 100% certain that it will fit. I did do some research and I think it should fit on there, but it would be nice if someone here was able to confirm that.

As mentioned, my motherboard is an ASUS P8P67. The case is a Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus.

RAM is 4x2 GB Kingston HyperX Blu.

First of all, I'm sorry for digging up this topic.

So I just installed the cooler a few hours ago. It fit perfectly fine, as you people mentioned it would. However, the temperatures don't really seem to be all that low compared to the Intel stock cooler. Infact, it seems as if there is pretty much no difference at all. Maybe a degree or two.

I'm pretty sure I got it set up properly. I removed the old thermal paste from the CPU and installed the cooler (thermal paste is pre-applied). If anything, I suppose perhaps the thermal paste has not been spread properly? Or maybe the airflow in my case just isn't very good. Just a thought.

Anyway, I haven't really tested it all that much, however, I did run a Prime95 test (though I didn't do that with the stock cooler, so there is no comparison to be made..). After some 2-3 minutes of running, the core temperatures had risen to about 95C, so I decided to stop it.

After playing Brink for about half an hour, the core temperatures had been up around 65-70C, which is basically the same as with the stock cooler.

Any suggestions? :)

Hey welcome to the forum!

IMO that cooler is not much more than a stock cooler replacement. I have used them before and got better results when I cleaned the thermal paste off of the cooler and applied Artic Silver 5.
If you are overclocked @ all I would use a better cooler (high performance)

Hey welcome to the forum!

IMO that cooler is not much more than a stock cooler replacement. I have used them before and got better results when I cleaned the thermal paste off of the cooler and applied Artic Silver 5.
If you are overclocked @ all I would use a better cooler (high performance)
Heya, thanks.

Not sure if you read my last post, but a stock cooler replacement was all that I was out for, and this one was fairly cheap, so I went with that one. At the moment, I'm not doing any overclocking at all.

Back