• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

got my rig built, need a newer card for graphics, help please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dt_Freak1

Registered
as the title states, I've got the pc built, for now I've got an older Galaxy Geforce 9600GT. the games I currently play are: Oblivion, Gears of War, Cod 4, Far Cry2, Quake 2, Quake 3 Arena, UT original GOTY from 99. The games I want to get into are the Crysis series, any and all of those. My monitor is in the sig, and I want to be able to run all these newer games at the full hd resolution my monitor allows. my budget is $300. I'd prefer to stick with nVidia as i happen to love the nVidia support and non-existent drivers issues, unless for some odd reason I could score better performance with an ATI card while sticking under $300. I was considering the EVGA Geforce GTX 560 TI Maximum Graphics edition which includes Crysis 2. the price would hold under $300 for that card. Current OS=Win 7 Pro 64bit

Last edited:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127575 It's quiet, cool, will unlock to a 6970 with no problems and when overclocked as a 6970, it will get you GTX 580 performance at a $290 price. I have never had any problem with AMD drivers and can say it works perfectly for me. That is the best high end value you can get. GTX 560 Ti is okay but this will push way more pixels. You PC is on the low end which means it might start bottle necking the graphics card so overclock the CPU to help with that issue from occurring.

Back