• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Desktop does not fill monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crogotti

Registered
I have a 6950 radeon GPU, I just bought a 23" acer monitor. I am using a HDMI connection. The desktop/display doesn't Fill the screen. There is like 1 inch black border around the desktop..Resolution is at max too. whats the problem??:-/

Are you talking about the desktop wallpaper, or everything? HDMI should sort all that funny stuff out on its own...

Have you messed with the scaling options on your monitor or in Catalyst Control Center?

Lol, glad it worked :thup:

The only reason I thought about that is because my 8800GTX has scaling issues sometimes :D

ok so i am having the same issue as the Crogotti using radeon hd7850 and dell 24" and @ 1920x1080 screen res. tried al adjustments mentioned any other ideas?
sid note- using HDMI not DVI

ok so i am having the same issue as the Crogotti using radeon hd7850 and dell 24" and @ 1920x1080 screen res. tried al adjustments mentioned any other ideas?
sid note- using HDMI not DVI

you checked the Catalyst Control Center with advanced settings under the scaling?

Either the video card or the monitor is doing under/over scan. You need to disable these options.

I don't have your monitor, so you will need to refer to your manual or go through the on-screen menus. I don't have your video card, so you will need to check the CCC again.

Back