• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dragon + support On-die XP temp measures ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jboy

I cant tell from Soyo's voluminous but disappointingly uninforming manual whether the Dragon + supports on-die temp measurements with the XP's. Anybody know ? And if perchance they do, has anyone done a comparison test between the MB temp sensor and the cpu die, to see how close they are ?

No, the Dragon (or Dragon +) does NOT as of yet take advantage of the on-die temp diode. There is only one OEM mobo that does (I can't remember which one), but even IT does NOT do it correctly. I think that a Compaq board actually works with the diode, but who wants a Compaq mobo anyway.

I read that it might just take a BIOS upgrade to properly utilize the diode, but if you are in a hurry, you might read Hoot's temp diode mod thread here:

http://forums.overclockers.ws/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59636&highlight=diode

Unfortunately, I don't think the Dragon has the proper SMB header on the board, but you can try to find the right chip if you are adventurous!

Back