• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer hardware very hot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zeppelin19

Registered
A friend told me about this program that tells you temps of your hardware. I downloaded it and am shocked at how hot everything is... Please take a look at the image and let me know your thoughts... Should I get some better cooling? Links? Suggestions? I can't afford to have my computer crap out on me right now. Thanks in advance!

11111.jpg

You need fan profile for the GTX470 and a better cooler for the CPU, the Hyper 212+ is very good for price/performance.

No, don't get the V8. Looks cute but not as good as the Hyper 212+. If you get any tower style 120 mm fan-based tower cooler, make sure your case is at least 8" wide to accommodate the height of the cooler. Actually for an Intel CPU your temps aren't out of the ordinary.

No, don't get the V8. Looks cute but not as good as the Hyper 212+. If you get any tower style 120 mm fan-based tower cooler, make sure your case is at least 8" wide to accommodate the height of the cooler. Actually for an Intel CPU your temps aren't out of the ordinary.

Do you think its necessary to upgrade right away?

Those temperatures seem pretty normal for stock settings and cooler. You have little to no room to overclock, but it's not like it's going to die any moment now. I think the OP just didn't realize how hot stuff runs in general.

That being said, you do basically have the hottest GPU and CPU series in the world.

Do you think its necessary to upgrade right away?

Nope. If you ever want to exceed the 'thermal profile' (amount of heat it can dissipate) of the stock cooler, then you have to upgrade. Otherwise you are fine indefinitely. Just make sure you get in there and blow all the dust out once in a while.

TJmax for the Bloomfield core is 100C. 80C is the mark you aim for when you OC.

And it's even higher for Sandybridge somehow. The Tcase is like 4C higher for SB vs Bloomfield.

So, OP, don't worry.

fan profile?

He means to adjust the fan speed settings on your video card.

Usually they are set to run fairly hot but stay quiet. You can manually set the fan to a fixed speed or to ramp up to X and Y based on temperature. Lots of programs let you do this. Most vendors bundle one with the card. You can also use free ones like RivaTuner.

Back