• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Troubble finding the maker of my PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nooster

ok, so done alot of searching and cant for the life of me find who makes my PSU:bang head.

i have attached some pics of the box and the PSU, and i cant find any serial numbers or markings that may lead me to the manafacturer.
IMG_0384.JPG

IMG_0386.JPG

IMG_0387.JPG

IMG_0390.JPG

IMG_0389.JPG

It states that its a 950W psu, however do i trust this?

basicly it was given to me from a mate who got it from his old pc and upgraded about a year ago.

i am building a new system (about to order the parts) and just need to make sure that its going to be able to handle the load or wheather i need to invest in a new PSU to cope with some OC'ing.

the new system is

CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ CPU Cooler
Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
Intel Core i5 2500K
HIS Radeon HD6950 2GB (firmware upgrade to 6970)
OCZ Agility 3 60GB (have 2 2Tb WD Blacks atm for data/games)
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Motherboard

any help would be great

I wouldn't trust it. Two 12V rails totaling 38 amps? That's equivelent to a good 500W power supply. Don't see a UL (Underwriter's Laboratory) number either which makes finding the OEM difficult, not a good sign at all. This unit is highly overrated and suspicious.

I'd get something else.

Back