• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Force GT - Low Marks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vincentjames501

I just got the drive today and I did a fresh install of Windows 7 x64. I have a Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard and my 60GB Corsair Force GT is on port 0 of SATA3 in AHCI mode. Here are my numbers both before and after driver updates (Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3, Core i5 2500k @4.0GHz, Kingston 4GB DDR3-1600, Corsair Force GT 60GB):

Using original Windows 7 driver:
n35kc2.png.jpg

After updating to Intel IRST 10.6.0.1002
2irw47a.png.jpg

After flashing bios to newest version F4:
34j68gj.png.jpg

ATTO Results look normal however:
24l1wyq.png.jpg

I'm also having issues where the drive takes a while to load windows. The bios does the Following:
Loading Operating System...

Then proceeds to display about 10 dots (10 seconds worth of waiting before doing anything). Is there anything else I should try and is this drive defective?

Vince

Last edited:
Sandforce drives choke a bit on data they can't compress. I believe AS SSD benchmark falls under that category.

I've also seen some reports that the SSD performance suffers with the latest Intel graphics driver installed.

I just got the drive today and I did a fresh install of Windows 7 x64. I have a Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard and my 60GB Corsair Force GT is on port 0 of SATA3 in AHCI mode. Here are my numbers both before and after driver updates (Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3, Core i5 2500k @4.0GHz, Kingston 4GB DDR3-1600, Corsair Force GT 60GB):

Using original Windows 7 driver:
n35kc2.png.jpg

After updating to Intel IRST 10.6.0.1002
2irw47a.png.jpg

After flashing bios to newest version F4:
34j68gj.png.jpg

ATTO Results look normal however:
24l1wyq.png.jpg

I'm also having issues where the drive takes a while to load windows. The bios does the Following:
Loading Operating System...

Then proceeds to display about 10 dots (10 seconds worth of waiting before doing anything). Is there anything else I should try and is this drive defective?

Vince

You are getting better results then i am. Im not breaking the 300mb/s barrier on the read side at all and getting about the same on the write side as you in ASSD in atto i barely break the 250mb/s barrier idk whats going on....and to top it off i cant get windows to install on it to save my life. Would like to know what you have done to try to fix your problem. Thanks!

Marcus

Back