• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VooDoo 4 4500 PCI 32MB Vs. Radeon 7000 AGP 23MB DDR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
VooDoo 4 4500 PCI 32MB Vs. Radeon 7000 AGP 32MB DDR

I just upgraded slowly from voodoo 4 to radeon 7000 with 32 mb ddr....

But still the voodoo seems faster...anyone know why ?

thanks... :)

Last edited:
What game(s) are you playing and did you benchmark it on 3dmark 2001? My V4 4500 PCI owns my friend's GF2 Ultra on Starsiege Tribes but that's because Tribes is a Glide based game, which is what Voodoo cards are meant for. I'm sure the V4 would beat that Radeon on Tribes as well. But Radeon should beat the crap out of the V4 in OpenGL I would think. My other friend's Radeon beats my V4 in OpenGL games.:beer:

Make sure you remove any trace of the 3dfx drivers, (that means going into the registry) if even one file is left over and the registry trys to or does load it, it will slow down the new card.....3dfx drivers are notorious for that, bad thing is, there was never an uninstall for them, so it must be done manually.

so make sure you do a search of your computer and the registry, find all the files that begin with "3dfx"...these 2 things I gaurantee will remove all 3dfx drivers from your system.

Back