• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does price or make matter?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kalach007

Registered
Hello Forum!

Im looking for help regarding the purchase of a monitor. More precisely, I was wondering whether the price or make of the monitor matters.

Im looking for a monitor for gaming, with 2ms response time, a resolution of 1920x1080 Full HD, DVI or HDMI, LED and with a fairly good contrast ratio.

Im looking forward to your help, and if you have any recommendation for a monitor for a budget of 230 euros(328 USD).

Hello Forum!

Im looking for help regarding the purchase of a monitor. More precisely, I was wondering whether the price or make of the monitor matters.

Im looking for a monitor for gaming, with 2ms response time, a resolution of 1920x1080 Full HD, DVI or HDMI, LED and with a fairly good contrast ratio.

Im looking forward to your help, and if you have any recommendation for a monitor for a budget of 230 euros(328 USD).

I've witnessed the entire life spans of many LCD panels, and from my experience price and brand can make a pretty big difference. The best way to compare monitors is to chose a size you want and compare by price. For $328 you shouldn't have a problem finding a monitor over 25" diagonally measured with the specs you specified. The thing with monitors though, is you really have to see them in person to judge things like picture quality, contrast ratio, brightness, color vividness, etc. If you're buying online, I suggest reading as many reviews as you can of any monitor you are considering to buy.

The biggest deciding factor however, is what is it going to be used for? If you're using it for just normal desktop things and gaming, then I would just buy the biggest sized one you can find for your price as long as its from a good brand. My favorite brands for high-quality monitors is Samsung/LG, Dell, and Viewsonic. My favorite all around brands include Acer, ASUS, Westinghouse, AOC, and Hannspree (Hanns-G).

Hope that rant helped a bit. Btw :welcome: to the forums!

Thanks for your reply very much, and yes, you helped me! :)

I only want a 24" monitor for gaming, any bigger would just be too huge for me. The only thats been bugging me, is that there is a monitor with the specs I want for 215 USD, but theres one also for 328 USD. I just cant make up my mind whether the more expensive wan is worth its price :eek:

Ive been starting to look at the power consumption now as a deciding factor, maybe that will help me more.

As for the reviews, Ill try to look up some of them.

As I said, Its gonna be used for (Hardcore)gaming, I already have chosen a good rig to buy.

Any other recommendation is warmly welcome!! :)

Btw, Thanks! :)

Thanks for your reply very much, and yes, you helped me! :)

I only want a 24" monitor for gaming, any bigger would just be too huge for me. The only thats been bugging me, is that there is a monitor with the specs I want for 215 USD, but theres one also for 328 USD. I just cant make up my mind whether the more expensive wan is worth its price :eek:

Ive been starting to look at the power consumption now as a deciding factor, maybe that will help me more.

As for the reviews, Ill try to look up some of them.

As I said, Its gonna be used for (Hardcore)gaming, I already have chosen a good rig to buy.

Any other recommendation is warmly welcome!! :)

Btw, Thanks! :)

What specific models are you looking at?

Well, just for example these two are almost(!!!) the same, both offer the stuff Id like them to offer(resolution, response time, LED, size), but Im not familiar with the importance of the other specs.

These two models:
Asus VE247H
24" Samsung P2470H W LCD

But then Ive been looking around, and I thought this monitor could be the one :p

24" Samsung S24A350H

Its somewhere in the middle by price, and Ive read only good things about it.

You get what you pay for. If you plan on having the monitor around for a while, I would definitely invest the extra bit for a better quality monitor.

You get what you pay for. If you plan on having the monitor around for a while, I would definitely invest the extra bit for a better quality monitor.

Higher price does NOT correlate with quality, especially with electronics.

I think you would be perfectly satisfied with any of those monitors, but IMHO I would get the 3rd one you listed. It has great contrast ratio (1000:1 SCR) and its not a bad price for a LED backlit IPS panel.

Cant go wrong with Samsung monitors. At my office we have some old LCD samsungs still performing pretty good. Plus we just added 2 new 24" samsung, which so far have been good to work with/on.

Back