• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tweak goes sub-zero with i7 2600k on co2 blisser

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tweak-venetica-

well as the title says friends hehe ,, ps i owe an apologies for my absence , and i know my oc rank is still only 33rd in the ocf Team ,, but time my friends didnt permit me to do all the things i wanted ..

anyway here is a video i made a while ago just didnt have time to share with yall ,, i7 sandy 2600k with a co2 blisser :) ( fire extinguisher ) enjoy the show

i should become more active :)

Nice! Never seen a fire extinguisher used for that before!

its funny how no1 tried it ?? it lasts alot longer than you think and gets the cpu to 0 @ high clocks nd volts under 1 min and 30 sec ,, its hard to use as we broke 3 making the video , but all you need to do is keep the flow of co2 then it wont create a blockage , thanx for watching guys :) and earth long time old friend :)

looks cool. Just built my friend a sandybridge rig a week or so ago and i was surprised at the temps while in bios, like 50c with a thermalright ultra 120. But then when i went into realtemp/coretemp while in OS i got idle temps of 25-30 ( didnt seem to be downclocked). Just wondering if the CPU is under any load while in bios in the new sandybridges (was never the case with the old i7's) but what sparked my interest is cos i was thinking you might have got even lower temps if you were booted into your os. :p

CPU is under a slight load in the bios regardless of platform it seems. I have ALWAYS had lower windows idle temps vs bios. Power saving features enabled or not.

The only thing that would make that first video better is if you had used N2O instead of CO2... Overclocking your cpu with N2O is a "laugh".... Literally. :D

Just don't confuse N2O with NO!

Absolutely glorious video BTW, that's the real spirit of benching right there!

haha thanx to those of you that watched it ,, i'm making another one soon ,, trying new things ,, we have pix of a butane/propane mix cooler but going to make a video soon :) also decided to start adding some style to the videos , stay tuned hahaha

thanx again ,, new shipment of ln2 coming on Sunday whoop whoop

and i did consider the n20 cooling now that u mention it , nitrous oxide is awesome but , the price tag for –88.48 °C (184.67 K) , isn't worth it especially not when i'm going to toast my eye browse especially not at $8.50 per pound . considering co2 witch is -78 °C, 194.7 K, -109 °F . for 0.75-1.25$ a pound and it isn't flammable hehe .. thanx for the suggestion

and i did consider the n20 cooling now that u mention it , nitrous oxide is awesome but , the price tag for –88.48 °C (184.67 K) , isn't worth it especially not when i'm going to toast my eye browse especially not at $8.50 per pound . considering co2 witch is -78 °C, 194.7 K, -109 °F . for 0.75-1.25$ a pound and it isn't flammable hehe .. thanx for the suggestion

LOL... My comment was meant more as a joke... N2O = Laughing Gas; hence my little pun about it being a "laugh" to OC with it. I guess if you were to scorch your eyebrows it would be your friends and the entire youtube audience doing the laughing, but still; it would make for a great video... I'd bet it would go viral too! :bump:

LOL... My comment was meant more as a joke... N2O = Laughing Gas; hence my little pun about it being a "laugh" to OC with it. I guess if you were to scorch your eyebrows it would be your friends and the entire youtube audience doing the laughing, but still; it would make for a great video... I'd bet it would go viral too! :bump:

i know it was i joke mate :) i just added my little 10c for interest sake for who ever reads the thread :) no stress and yeah would be damin funny if it wasnt looped hahahaha actually not a bad idea could get the grumpy granny high ,, hmmm brb going to go stock up

...sinp... no stress and yeah would be damin funny if it wasnt looped hahahaha actually not a bad idea could get the grumpy granny high ,, hmmm brb going to go stock up

LOL...

I can still remember the guy at the restaurant supply store wondering why a bunch of engineering students would ever need that many N2O canisters... ;)

hahaha ,, dude we got told to back down on the propane experiment by the resident engineer here where i stay .. we flowed the gas through a water block from a 48 kg canister to a burner and made lunch on it :)

we not allowed to do it in town again though grrrr ,

today i used a fish pond pump with some cheap pipe from a acetylene canister and a bucket of ice ,, got us 4.7 ghz on a e5700 with a asus RE :)

alot cheaper than a full cooling system and frankly more efficient than one considering its direct flow is ice water instead of fan ,, and got me 5.5 on my i7 sandy :) seems that co2 gave me a cold bug as i used the same chip :) ... oke now we diverting from the topic .....

why is it that your not allowed to use the propane setup? Rental/housing agreement? or something else, cause i am kinda interested now.

Got me thinking about if you threw a turbine at the end of the setup for burning the gas, then had the turbine hooked to a generator, and back into the electrical system so your not completely wasting the gas. They make propane turbine generators, i know, but the waterblock would have to go bye bye and get replaced with like an evaporator block that was brazed.

Back