• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

laughable marketing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
Ok so I was doing some poking around on the internet looking for some high speed ddr3 when I cam across this video. So their saying that this mobo natively supports ddr3-2600 but if you pay close attention to cpuz those memory timings are outright laughable. 11-11-11-30-125!

So what other humorous marketing have you come across?

The DRAM timings are irrelevant, since the whole point of the video is to show native MB support for DDR3-2600+. The SPD timings of the particular RAM they're using for the test are probably 11-11-11-30-125 at that specific frequency.

and in real life, you won't notice the difference in speed by having tighter timings. The only thing that really shows any difference are benchmarks (like SiSoft Sandra).

and in real life, you won't notice the difference in speed by having tighter timings. The only thing that really shows any difference are benchmarks (like SiSoft Sandra).

I agree, however, that feature is obviously tailored for benchmarkers. I suppose some small tidbit of overclockers in general could use that capability.

The DRAM timings are irrelevant, since the whole point of the video is to show native MB support for DDR3-2600+. The SPD timings of the particular RAM they're using for the test are probably 11-11-11-30-125 at that specific frequency.

2600 CAS 11 is still faster than 2000 CAS 9 which is marginally faster than 1600 CAS 7 and so on. It IS an improvement. Slightly.

Two things...

1. That video is from 2009.
2. The fastest ram speed was done also in 2009 on a P55 board, but it wasn't an Asrock... It was a Gigabyte P55-UD3.
ddr3.jpg

Back