• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't get to BIOS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GMdoubleG

Hi all,

First off, I'll list my hardware before I tell the story:
CPU: i7 920 at 3.6GHz
MoBo: ASUS P6T v2 deluxe
RAM: Corsair XMS 1600MHz (at 1444MHz)
SSD: OCZ Vertex 60GB

I got home from work today and did my normal "press the power button and walk away to let it boot up". Only this time, I came back after a few minutes to just a cursor blinking in the top left corner. I restarted the PC and watched it go through the boot sequence. It appears to post...it goes to the ASUS page which allows to select OS, BIOS, or Power off. The timer runs out and it lists the overclock of the i7 920 3.6GHz, Ram at DDR3 1444MHz, and locates all the SATAs. Then the Marvell controller says "Cannot locate HDD", but it always has said this because I use a Vertex 60GB SSD as my boot drive. The final result was the same, a blinking cursor in the top left corner.

I then restarted the computer and tried to enter BIOS. When I move the cursor, the countdown to start the OS stops but nothing happens. It won't enter the BIOS, OS, or even to turn it off. The mouse moves around fine, but nothing happens when I clock anywhere.

Any ideas? This setup has worked for months and this is the only time it has given me problems.

Thanks

Try resetting CMOS. And if nothing is connected to the Marvell controller ports, disable the controller in the BIOS.

Back