• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3DMark06 Scores Nvidia 8800 GTS with 640MB DDR3, Bios Volt Mod Needed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

computergeek

My highest overclock and score on 3dmark06 basic edition(trial).
Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
Nvidia 8800 GTS 320bit G80(A2,96sp)with 640MB DDR3
highestoverclockexample.jpg

Core Clock-660,
Shader Clock-1508,
Memory Clock-1003.
I got a score of 12178 but it started to artifact black spots quite badly.
Under load gpu was 63 and idle at 53 degrees.:(
I am sure I could of upped the memory to 1033 but it would of artifact like crazy and, I do not wish to damage my graphics card.
This is the most stable overclock and score on 3dmark06 basic edition(trial).
stablexample.jpg

Core Clock-660,
Shader Clock-1508,
Memory Clock-961 and under load the gpu was 63 after running 3dmark 06 and 68 running the first level of Battlefield Bad Company 2 and idle's the same at 53 degrees.:)
I did get a quick short black screen on one of the tests but I think my refresh rate is down to that but Battlefield Bad Company 2 plays fine all the same.:)
I got a score of 12102 and so this proves you can push this card further then its stock potential and more then Saihossoku 3dmark06 score of 10494.
PC Spec's:
PSU-Antec 380 watt,
Motherboard-MSI P35 NEO2,
2x1GBDDR2 PC2-6400(400Mhz),
2X2GB DDR2 Ballistixs(With status leds)
Freezer 7 pro rev 2,
Intel(R) Core(TM)2DUO E6850,
Nvidia 8800 GTS 320bit G80(A2,96sp)with 640MB DDR3,
Hardrive(sata)-Samsung HD501LH 500GB,
Hardrive(ide)-Maxtor 4R120L0 120GB.
PC Case-Antec
Resolution-1280X1026.
Refresh Rate-75 Hertz.
CPU Clocking's.
Clocking's:
CPU FSB:400
CPU Ratio:9
CPU Frequency:3600
VCore:1.4
Memory Volts:2.00
FSB:Auto(800)Mhz
NB:1.3
SB:1.05(Default)
20110920007.jpg

It seems I was wrong in the sense that in Battlefield Bad Company 2 in multiplayer with the same overclocks don't work for longer then two minutes and then the whole system just freezes.
So I tried the next overclocking preset down from the stable setting I had put together.
moststable.jpg

And it loaded fine but it seems as if items are taking a tad longer to load compared to say terrain or weapons.
Any idea's what the issue is?
I think its a shader&memory issue but if that's the case it means I need to lower them both down again.
Don't get me wrong the gameplay is a lot better now then it used to be and a lot more smoother but, I would prefer it if everything loads at the same time.
I am not for one to just accept objects that load two-three seconds later.
Edit:
gclockings1.jpg

Turns out my old overclockings from months ago just needed the memory tweak and voila everything runs like golden.:)
Besides these pretty good scores I am thinking about bios volt modding my graphics card, I would prefer not to have to dig out a floppy drive and floppy disk just to do it so any alternatives would be great thanks.
So is my card as pushed as it will go without tweaking the volts?
Well I think so just wondering what you guys think thanks.:)

Last edited:
That's probably as far as it'll go without some more voltage and/or a lot of Cold (dry ice/etc.)

For voltage you're stuck with a soldering iron I'm afraid, there aren't any other ways to get more voltage out of that card.

Not to worry but thanks anyways the loading of 3d objects was still a bit jumpy so I just overclocked it to a 9600 equivalent works beautifully!:)
Core Clock:650, Shader Clock:1625 and Memory Clock:900 flash the graphics card to these exact settings and your good!:D
It is currently idling at 55/56 degrees flashed to a 9600GT equivalent with a 3dmark06 score of 12076.:clap:

Last edited:
Nice! Glad you're happy with it.
I just got one of those cards to bench, it'll be getting the Full Treatment sometime here.
They're remarkably capable given their age!

(Full Treatment = soldering iron voltmods for core and memory, conformal coating, dry ice cooled to -70c or so)

I think windows aero is the culprit for the high idle temp of 58 degrees.

Last edited:
Back