• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7S5A Vid dvr wont install!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tismedt

Shadow ÒÓ's after me!!!
I got this board last weekend and have tried tree times to install the vid dvr. I have a old rage 3d card i am making due with for now and the dvr is the latest download from Trident. I have tried installing the mobo drv's and now I am on a new install of win98 with just the network and internet sw installed. I read somewhere not to install the mobo drivers but cant find that link again. Any suggestions ??? Please

Is that a PCI vid card?

I put a PCI Trident card in one of these boards and had some problems until I just went with the OS drivers and NOT the mobo drivers. When I set up another one with a Diamond Stealth III, I had the same kind of troubles. I eventually just started over with a clean install and the only drivers from the ECS CD used were for the NIC and sound card. Those I installed by updating the driver in the OS/System devices.

Maybe everyone who owns one of these boards should send $1 to ECS so they will have the money to hire someone who knows how to set up the CD-Rom that they send out with these things!!:D

JUST KIDDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not pci its agp 8mg. I called ecs and they are working on a case file when I get a response I'll post it here. I have run this card on 4 dif mobo and never had any trouble. Seems strange to me. I have tried a format and clean install of win98se2 and still nothing. I'll wait and see ts says unless someone else has any other ideas

This is a dumb answer, but in the bios dont forget to make it see a 2x agp card and not a 4x. Some problems may occur. It's happened to me on some older computer components, I have ran into in the past. Just my 2cents. If it helps. :D Also check driverguide for any possibility's of other people with the same card.

PDL said:
Maybe everyone who owns one of these boards should send $1 to ECS so they will have the money to hire someone who knows how to set up the CD-Rom that they send out with these things!!:D

Do you have that address? :D

Back