• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling help...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperTuner12010

Alright well first off running a Corsair H60 with push and pull fan. Temps on my 965be get up and over 55c. So was thinking if I should change my setup.

Week was slow, so atm only have 170 in my checking I can use. Was thinking of getting a XSPC kit, not sure what would benfir me the most.

Does the RX series rads offer a sugnificant improvement in performance?

So get the XSPX RS 360(slim rad) or save for the rx series kits? Either way, buying water cooling now will stop me from getting a bulldozer if they are released on the 12th.

Or should I just order some quality paste, lap the heatsink and maybe use some different fans on my current h60?

Well, if all that has been said is true, BD should OC very well on air, so, why not with a H60, which is equivalent to a good air cooler?
I would wait a week to be sure about BD performance before making a decision.

Have you tried troubleshooting your current setup? It's really best to do water right or not do it at all...

Have you tried troubleshooting your current setup? It's really best to do water right or not do it at all...

Thats what i was thinking. Maybe figure out why the H60 is performing so lowsy and use it with the Bulldozer as manu2b suggested.

Then when I can affor a nice loop. Put my own together.

For one, I have the fans in a push pull config, but they are exhaust. It is now my understanding that Corsair suggests having the fans as intake. I will try getting 2 gentle typhoons and turning them which ever way works best.

On another note, the inside of my case is cool...Now it has just started getting cooler in my area, my room is a tad cooler than usual. I just looked at my cpu and im idling at 28c. The onyl thing I have done, was loosened the block as suggested it could have been to tight.

Did that last night, didnt check the temps before hand. But then retightened to see if they climbed again. And to no avail....So I am really stunned right now. I have no idea what is going on...I may have tapped it a little, the hoses and rad were both very cool to the touch...

ok, so there are really only a few things that can happen in a WC loop that will make your temps bad (assuming the gear is all correct that is). 1) Heat not making it out of the chip - this can be from a bad mount, bad contact with the IHS, or bad IHS contact with the core 2) Heat not making it out of the block - this is typically from some sort of flow problem or blockages within the block 3) heat not making it out of the water - basically, once it's in the water, if it doesn't go into the rad (and subsequently out of the rad), temps are gonna suck; this can be caused by a blockage in the rad or a flow problem 4) heat not making it out of the rad - not enough fan, bad air temps, bad rad manufacturing...all potential causes.

WC always works to the weakest link. The rad can't dissipate heat that doesn't make it to it, etc. Do any of those sound like they could be your problem? I don't really know how to troubleshoot an h60...so you're really gonna have to develop your own tests. Also, I've never heard of too much mounting pressure on a CPU (happens often on GPUs though). Thermalright has a mount that generates 70lbs of pressure...so I really doubt that was the problem.

Back