• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

580 sli - power supply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bmwbaxter

I am thinking of throwing my 2 gtx 580s in my folding rig and was wondering if a corsair tx 750 v2 would be enough?

I am not going to be overclocking them so should this be enough? I run Einstein@home and my gpu usage is never above 60%.

I am running an i7 870 overclocked to 3.8 Ghz (figured I would put that in since it is the only other power hungry component)

I think it would be getting close to the limit, but if you only run stock voltage I think it should be OK.

I think it would be getting close to the limit, but if you only run stock voltage I think it should be OK.

okay good. I might go and buy a kill-a-watt meter today and see how much I am using with only one 580 and my i7 870. then go from there, I can't remember where but I thought another member was running 2 580's and was only pulling 670 watts from the wall. but I figured I would get some outside input.

With my system with a 580 at stock I pull around 350ish watts (I have a kill-a-watt at home, but I can't remember the exact numbers). Adding another should put it around 600-650W I would guess, leaving a bit of room.

Back