• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Going back to the future!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

Hey, did you see what New Egg has done to placate the disappointed PC enthusiast crowd in the wake of the BD debacle? I looked on their web site last night in the CPU section and was amazed to see they were offering 12 models of recertified Ahtlon 64s. Who needs BD? For under $50 we can go back to that magic moment in cyber history when AMD really was king!

Do you think my TRUE would be enough cooler for one of those babies?

I looked on their web site last night in the CPU section and was amazed to see they were offering 12 models of recertified Ahtlon 64s. Who needs BD? For under $50 we can go back to that magic moment in cyber history when AMD really was king!
I saw the same thing but didn't really make the correlation until this thread:facepalm:

I've got two brizzies already laying around or I'd jump on it!

You think thats possible? Since those CPU's came out what, 7 years ago? I dont think newegg warranties them longer than AMD and the mobo MFGs... ;)

Wow....now if only ddr2 wasn't as expensive as it is.

I still have 939 and AM2 machines. Playing with FreeNas and ESXi, whiich these cpus are perfect for.

Wow....now if only ddr2 wasn't as expensive as it is.

I still have 939 and AM2 machines. Playing with FreeNas and ESXi, whiich these cpus are perfect for.

Check the classifieds in this forum for some really good buys on DDR2. There's lots of it there right now.

Back