• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 580 good Clock Speeds?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sTrYk3r62796

Hey everyone, just got my 580 that I stepped up from a 570 SC and wanted to get some more performance from it. Anyway, what is a god clock speed for my card if I do not want to crank up the voltages? Right now I have clock speeds of the following:
Core:772
Shader:1544
Memory:2004
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hey everyone, just got my 580 that I stepped up from a 570 SC and wanted to get some more performance from it. Anyway, what is a god clock speed for my card if I do not want to crank up the voltages? Right now I have clock speeds of the following:
Core:772
Shader:1544
Memory:2004
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

At stock voltage? I'd guess 830 - 850 mhz core, i wouldn't touch memory every 580 iv'e ever had was real crappy with moving memory.

What brand is your card?

Yeah, good brand, i'll say 830 - 850 on the high ends, for a rock solid stability.

Sometimes you can look at other cards on the market and you'll see them running at 797 or 815, 830, if you go by an average air cooled card you'll end up with about 810mhz, ideally, that would be stock voltage stable, though that's just a starting point, some may do more, some may not, the easiest way to tell is bump up the clocks and let the 580 hit 60c+ during some hard gaming, once the temps go up it will let you know if it's going to fail or not. Anytime i was OC'ing my 580 would do real good until it got hot, i could play a game that wouldn't hit 50c and it would do 1050mhz core, after that 60-65C mark i would get freezes, errors or lock ups if it wasn't stable, frustraited the hell out of me because i had to learn how these cards reacted and at what point they start to fail.

Yeah, my card just when 30 min in EVGA OC scanner and got up to 79C with no artifacts. I really want to have my card run cooler, but then the fan gets fairly loud.

Honestly that's fine, i ran mine at 90C playing Final Fantasy XIV on air, the cards are just hot little things.

Anything over 95c i would stop, the cards downclock at 97c anyway. but expect it to run in the mid 80c range after a long gaming haul, it's just normal for the 580's.

OKay, that's good. I had the same thing with my 570SC and was curious if something was wrong, that's reassuring at least.

Back