• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme, which BIOS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kskwerl

When I go to ASUS's website the latest BIOS is version "Beta Version 0902"
but when I go to the ROG site the latest BIOS is "Beta Version 2011".

Which one is the most recent that anyone here with this board is using?

0902 is the newest (beta) for the Maximus IV Extreme-Z the Normal (P67) one would be 2011.

Agreed, you are going to need to start off slower and manually set your vcore. Also, if you are going to want to run that high of a speed you are almost guaranteed going to need to turn on 'CPU Pll Overvoltage'

Thats more than likely because your CPU VCore is still set to auto.

The fact that you're locking up at the BIOS screen tells me your OC is not stable.

Time to start tweaking some more....

Agreed, you are going to need to start off slower and manually set your vcore. Also, if you are going to want to run that high of a speed you are almost guaranteed going to need to turn on 'CPU Pll Overvoltage'

Thanks guys, it's weird because sometimes it hangs and other times it's fine. For instance when I hit the reset button on the mobo it seems to do it more often but when I just restart within the OS it doesn't. I also ran OCCT for 9hrs and it was fine but I also ran intel burn test for 100 runs and it was good, then 50 runs on high. 5.0 is cool but i'll clock it down a little bit and see what my results are.

Of course when I go to troubleshoot it doesn't do it!

I did 5 restarts and 2 shutdowns and power ons lol

Back