• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[EVGA P67 FTW 160-SB-E679-K2] Worth the $$?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sprinj76

Registered
Hi All,
It's been a long time since I've done an upgrade. Still running the rig in my sig . . . so I think it's about time.

Looking to go with a sandy bridge CPU (2500k or 2600k) which one i haven't decided yet.

I'm also stuck on which motherboard to get. I'm a big fan of EVGA, and like the layout of the P67 FTW board. My problem is there seems to be other boards out there with similar specs for cheaper. I'm not a fan of ASUS or Gigabyte mobos. I'm looking for longevity and OC stability.

Anyone have any expirence with the EVGA P67 FTW mobo? Any other boards I should be considering?

Eldonko,
Thanks! I actually had read the review that you posted, it was a very well done review!

I took a look at all of the boards you mentioned, and I'm now leaning towards the ASUS sabertooth P67. I like the temperature monitors that are located throughout the board, and it seems well laid out. The only things I really wish it has was a clear CMOS botton (instead of the jumper) and power/reset bottons; but honestly I could live without those.

I will be over clocking, but I'm shooting for 4.5 Ghz for the 2600k with a good after market CPU cooler, after that I'll probably never touch the OC again, lol.

Thanks!

Pulled the trigger on the ASUS Sabertooth P67 along with a 2500k.

Thanks Eldonko and hardwarecanucks.com!

A little too late.. I would have went with a Z68 based board personally. Those have more of a chance to accept Ivybridge chips and have more features for similar pricing.

Interestingly and a bit OT I noticed that Asus P67 Evo has a bios update for 22nm CPU which indicated it would accept Ivy Bridge chips

Beta Version 2001
Description P8P67 EVO 2001 BIOS
1. Enable support for Next Gen 22nm Processor.
File Size
2,47 (MBytes) 2011.10.06 update
Download from
Global (DLM) | Global | China

I had actually seen the bios update for the sabertooth p67 to support 22nm cpu's. One of the things that really sold me on the motherboard!

Back