• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just ordered my evga gtx 580

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dearbeloved

im moving up from a 470 superclocked. what can i expect from the new 580? anyone else make this transition? i can run battlefield 3 on ultra and its pretty awesome but will i see anything different with a 580? ive looked at benchmark scores so im more asking about personal performance and what to expect visually, if that makes any sense.

Visually you won't see any difference if you are already running on Ultra, you should get higher Frames Per Second (FPS), though.

well, itll at least be an upgrade thatll make everything play a little smoother. im sure im not getting the highest fps on ultra with the 470 but ill see how much smoother it plays when it gets here. i see others complaining about issues with certain games with the 580 and it just kinda concerns me.

Back