• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions On My Overclock & Power Limit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrSix18

Registered
So I recently Bought the RTX 2060 not toooo long ago, and Yes ive read all the people talking the YOU CANT RAYTRACE on this card type smack but for 230$ (open box at local microcenter) & 3 year warranty from EVGA, I have a card that (after the OC) is a monster value card. Ive tested against my buddies OC'd 1070 Ti in my system on, unigine heaven/Valley (2560x1440 at ultra quality), 3Dmarks time spy+extreme, firestrike, firestrike ulta, and extreme. RTX 2060 won. that's a 1070 Ti card that I still believe is over double what I paid for the 2060, granted I got a heck of a deal, but long story short, I don't need the hatred for the 2060 on here lol ive heard it nonstop everywhere where people are literally trying to convice me it looses to a 1070, and that its a waste of money. its just old at this point. OK now on to the question

I have a fairly beefy overclock on this card, since nvidia and the other cards apparently clocked the DDR6 memory very conservatively for whatever reason but I have +115 on the core and +875 on the memory, and thats just where i stopped, didn't go any farther but I did notice that while this GPU is set to default OR my OC settings, it constantly hits its power limit nonstop. (yes I have the power + temp limits maxed and Mv as well on precision x1) but it literally lives at the top of the power limit graph non stop??

if theres anything left in this OC that I can do to my advantage id greatly appreciate it but as for now just looking for an explanation as to why it keeps hitting power limits! I know GPU's are power hungry suckers and what the power limit is implemented for, but I don't see it get to the 114% power very often unless im gaming and streaming or middle of CAD project, but still always at pwr limit?

Thanks for any help or responses! ive attached a picture and circled the 114% power limit im talking about that it doesn't hit but still in the hardware monitor graphs it still shows power limit reached and stays there a majority of the time!

PX1 SS.JPG

Don't have to worry about people hating on your hardware here :D. I think most of us easily recognize the 2060 as an excellent value.

If you want to go further, there are usually BIOS or hardware mods that can allows this, but they don't come without risk so make sure you do plenty of research first.

Back