• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dead 295

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChaosSully

Registered
Ok here's my dilema I have 2 gtx. 295s I bought 2 or 3 yrs ago for 1250 my issue is in the first two weeks of my install the 2nd gtx 295 fried so I sent it back to bfg the card mfc. They sent back a replacement and all was good for a couple days in the 1st week I reinstalled the new card it fried as well I have a 1000 watt psu and I didn't overclock anything I'm completely confused as to why it won't work I tried to rma it a 2nd time but bfg had closed its doors within a few weeks of the first rma so bfg is out of business and I'm down 650 bucks wish I could gegt it repaired by evga or someone so I guess what I'm asking is there anywhere I can repair it?

You could have warrantied it through PNY at the time. Why did it take so long for you to do something? BFG went out of business 15 months ago.

I had my busyy moments and I was procastinating a lot to how'd u get your cards oced so far? I also never knew pny was warrantying bfgs tech

PNY honored BFG warranties for a little while, but that program ended a while back.

I just got sorta lucky on the cards I guess. No special tricks used except a more aggressive fan profile. They're the 55nm 216 core parts, max stable is the next tick higher (can't recall the exact number), they've been rock solid at those speeds. My speeds seem rather common for the 55nm 216 core card, I've seen higher clocks. My "extreme edition" CPU, I got the shaft, lol. I won't be making that mistake again. No more $1000 CPUs for me, I'll dump the money into GPUs or water bits instead. Far more entertaining for the money.

well idk i baked the card it brough it back to life but the card doesn't work in sli just as before maybe if i bake it one more time it should help nudge it in the right direction hopefully

Back