• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI CR630 - Wireless Adapter Code 10 Error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

MSI CR630
Windows 7 64bit
2GB upgraded to 4GB
250GB HDD

My 1 month old laptop seems to have developed a problem I was doing some windows updates and then my wireless adapter decided to lose the connection at first I thought my router maybe rebooted its self so I waited. All the green where on the router I just rebooted the laptop and then the wireless adapter gave me a code 10 failed to start ???? I assumed maybe Windows Update had caused an issue but there was no driver in the 8 updates just security ones.

So I did a system restore and now it's vanished doesn't even load up at all in windows I reckon the wireless chip has snuffed it, problem being now is since I upgraded the RAM I took the screw out over the warranty sticker. Could I say

"I went onto the MSI forum and tried to see a fox myself and had to remove the screw to see inside for any burning"

would that excuse work???

Right now I'm doing a complete system restore from recovery partition see if that will fix it my last options, the light for the wireless adapter comes on and off should I use the Fn F8 key combo but that doesn't mean it's working.

I'm not sure why you are asking us if you should lie. Either way, you opened it up, so just be honest with them.

Make sure to try a CMOS reset or use the "Reset to Defaults" option in the BIOS to see if that helps.

Its going back to the shop as its a hardware issue I did the BIOS reset and nothing even after a full wipe it wont load up hopefully I can get it into repair or a replacement. problem being is they gave me the wrong model I just checked my receipt and the model number is wrong to it after searching its a slight better one.

I ordered a MSI laptop with an AMD Dual Core Athlon the one I thats broken is a AMD Triple core P8xx but same spec on RAM and HDD so there at fault for a start.

How are they at "fault" for sending you a laptop that is better than what your ordered? It is in your favor. Honestly, it sounds like you are looking for any excuse to pass the blame onto them.

Hope you can get this sorted out.

How are they at "fault" for sending you a laptop that is better than what your ordered? It is in your favor. Honestly, it sounds like you are looking for any excuse to pass the blame onto them.

Hope you can get this sorted out.

Never mind they just gave me a new laptop same model weird normally they ask tons of questions but she just asked what the issue was wrote it down gave me an exchange and that was it.

I wont put the new 4GB ram in till I have tested it out more

Must be the luck that is my birthday

Back