• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new celly help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThePunkGeek

ok well first off here is the specs
Enlight 7237-C 300 psu
Advance 6T-L (cheepo vid/sound/lan)
Celeron - 1.0A GHz
8GB maxtor
128 PC 133 ram

well anyways i put it all together looked perfect but it wont even boot to the bios. my first thought was ram but it give no beep codes just sits at a blank monitor.
all parts were new except the ram
any help would be nice i know its a cheepo system but its for my cuz she likes icq/mail

Check the jumpers, make sure they're all set to defaults... sometimes they're factory set incorrectly and the settings don't play nice with each other. Also, try clearing the CMOS if you haven't done so already.

jazztrumpet216 said:
Check the jumpers, make sure they're all set to defaults... sometimes they're factory set incorrectly and the settings don't play nice with each other. Also, try clearing the CMOS if you haven't done so already.

yep tried all that long time ago
set it to 100x10
66x10

cleared cmos each time it didnt work then i knew i must ask for help (personaly am AMD) so i dunno much more about this
any more help would be great

EDIT!!: acually i had the multiplier set to auto sense most chips are set for that (Default)

pappypete said:
Make sure everything is seated properly....check
wires to mobo, switch, reset, etc. try to get it to
beep (talk to you)

its does its singel BEEEEP then monitor clicks but nothing shows up thanks tho

and i always dubble check :)

Also: if a take the ram out it will beep beep beep beep when it looks for ram and not stop.
i wish i new whatelse to try but its a totaly intergrated system
and just wanna see the good ol bios and i will be happy :)

ok....i missed the onboard video, check bios for video
settings

Edit...check manual for video settings, might be a jumper
set wrong

pappypete said:
ok....i missed the onboard video, check bios for video
settings

Edit...check manual for video settings, might be a jumper
set wrong

thats something i did look for but i couldnt find any jumpers for video (i wont be able to see it again till tommorow its not here)

Do you know what kind of BIOS this mobo uses?? If you do, we can try and figure out what the beep code means that it's giving you... for instance, if it's an American Megatrends BIOS, the long beep is a DRAM refresh failure, which is either a problem with your RAM or your mobo. On an Award BIOS, this would be another memory problem. I'd say try some new RAM if you have some lying around.

EDIT: Here is a link that should help identify the beeps for ya.

jazztrumpet216 said:
Do you know what kind of BIOS this mobo uses?? If you do, we can try and figure out what the beep code means that it's giving you... for instance, if it's an American Megatrends BIOS, the long beep is a DRAM refresh failure, which is either a problem with your RAM or your mobo. On an Award BIOS, this would be another memory problem. I'd say try some new RAM if you have some lying around.

that was the problem all stores are closed have to wait untill tommorw for new ram. i run all ddr systems in the house (2 amd xp's)

am sure it said a via bios not sure lemme look it up i will say when i find it

jazztrumpet216 said:

\

the beep it makes is just the normal boot up beep i can't explain it any better then that.

Back