• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rebuilding my network.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I have:
Ubiquiti Security USG-Pro-4 that I bought from these very forums. Been a great device but... I can't use the firewall portion due to it being limited to 250MB of bandwidth.
My naming convention is from the TV show "Firefly". I have named the USG as "Jayne" who was the dumb but tough tough-guy. When getting ready to slot in my new device, I realized that the character of "Zoe" was the true gatekeeper of the crew so the new device is named "Zoe". Zoe will decied who to let in and who to keep at an arms length.

The new device is a fan-less Intel Celeron N5105 that was gifted to me by my son for Christmas last year. It has 4 cores. He gave me 8GB of RAM and a 256GB NVMe to put in this bare bones PC. I installed pfsense and had to purchase an HDMI dummy plug to boot it headless. I could not find a way to make it boot headless. The dummy plug makes the machine think I have a monitor plugged in but I don't. It will live it's life being remotely operated if all goes well.

So I brought up my Unifi console and the pfsense consol and will learn how to create vlans. That's my first step. I'll post more as I go.

Back