• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Game performance worse after overclock???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zolojub

Registered
After overclocking my 2500k to 4.5 ghz it seems that the FPS in games drop more often. For example in crysis I could run it on max setting with vsync at close to 50 FPS. After overclocking it dropped down to the mid 30's. I had to turn off vsync to get it back to the 50-60 range.

FPS also seem to drop more often in Skyrim. After going through a door they start around 40 then rise to 60fps.

This is not what I expected to happen after overclocking. Any ideas???

It may not be the CPU... You can try a slight bump in vocre and see if it helps, or lower to 4.3Ghz and see if that helps.

I reduced the multiplier to 42, so running it at 4200mhz now. Let me play some games. Kept the voltage the same at 1.27

The textures starting at low and then rising after walking into a new area could be caused by the compressed textures. I know the 360 version of Skyrim is having issues when the game is installed with the textures not scaling properly. Could just be the game. I see the same thing with the framerate, especially in Riverwood. Starts about 35 then builds up to 50+. Just a thought.

Back