• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows wont boot display driver crashing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Metlcub

Hey all, Im having a issue, I can only boot windows in safe mode. I have figured it out as a display issue, when I uninstall Nvidia geforce drivers and use drive sweeper to clean everything out.
I boot normally to windows and it installs, then when i go to reboot win 7 64 locks up at it's little blue welcome screen with the little circle thing and my computer restarts. it will be in a reboot loop unless I go into safe mode.
Im not sure whats going on but I got a blue screen and a mem dump, while it was doing a mem dump my friend hit the reset button on the pc :( Any Idea what could casue the lock up when win tries to boot normally.

well I did a fresh win 7 install, windows installed and booted fine. Installed all drivers fine.. installed geforce drivers and soon as windows boots up, locks up again when loading drivers.

i downloaded them from Nvidia, since well, PNY website is down.. But I think i got it fixxed. I totally took the PC apart, cleaned it up, and put it back together but installed the vid card into PCI-e #2 16x slot.

Back