• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 570 non-reference BIOS flash question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

y0bailey

Hey GPU Gurus...kinda a noob question here.

I didn't do much research and ended up buying a Galaxy GTX570 GC edition. Seen here: http://www.galaxytechus.com/usa/productview.aspx?id=154

I think it is a non-reference design (it at least has a non-ref cooler).

I have been reading about a lot of BIOS updates from other vendors addressing some DX11 issues (which I think I have). I love the card and it overclocks decently.

I want to mess around with flashing BIOSs, but I have concerns putting a different brands BIOS on this card, let alone when thinking reference design vs. non-ref.

Is this possible and "safe"? I have flashed BIOS on cards before, it has just been awhile and I don't feel like murdering my $300 card.

Anyone got any info and thanks in advance!

What problems do you *think* you have? Why do you believe flashing a bios is the answer?

As far as if its safe? Im simply going to say no, not at this time. You dont know ref/non ref etc so the danger is pretty high at the moment.

Back