• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bios flash question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

supramacy

So the new rx 6650xt just came out a couple of days ago and i have a rx 6600xt qick 308 thats a golden sample. My little question for more advanced users is, can i flash the 6650xt bios into my 6600xt? like in the good 5700-5700x/vega 56-64 days? the cards are literally identical, from memory type, to bus, to even de pcb. the 6650xt is just a preoverclocked version that allows you to run 1200mv instead of the default 1150mv of the 6600xt.
links for my card and the 6650xt specs ( exact same gpu, even the name lol) ( sadly i can find the bios file tho)

6600xt= https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/xfx-speedster-qick-308-rx-6600-xt.b9183
6650xt=https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/xfx-speedster-qick-308-rx-6650-xt-ultra.b9651
both with the same cooler also

thx you so much for your time and help in advance.

I havent seen it done yet, so no idea if it works or not.

Doesn't software allow you to reach 1200mv? There's no adjustment up?

I wouldn't do it. One card has 2 DP out & the other has 3 DP output. Also, the RAM is 190MHz faster in the RX 6650 XT, which means they either got a good overclock out of it or they used different RAM ICs. Mismatch stuff like that can brick your card.

I havent seen it done yet, so no idea if it works or not.

Doesn't software allow you to reach 1200mv? There's no adjustment up?
nope, its hard locked
Post magically merged:

I wouldn't do it. One card has 2 DP out & the other has 3 DP output. Also, the RAM is 190MHz faster in the RX 6650 XT, which means they either got a good overclock out of it or they used different RAM ICs. Mismatch stuff like that can brick your card.
both of them are samsung, mine does 2370 on default timings which is 70mhz faster than the 6650xt

Ahh...

well, as JLK mentioned, there are some different things on there that could bork the card, so I surely wouldn't. That coupled with the fact that you'll only get maybe a couple percent increase out of it, doesn't feel like it's a good risk...

...unless you have disposable income to replace it, potentially. :)

my 6600xt has a bios switch, so i kinda can test. idk, im not gonna do it till i get my hands on bios to

Sheesh, Im not thinking things through. Yep, if I have second bios and a switch, it couldn't hurt... just don't expect miracles! :)

Keep us posted!!

You can use GPUz to dump copies of your BIOS from both cards. Get a copy of both BIOS out of the 6600 XT (& keep them safe) because I know they are different on my 6800 XT, might be the same for yours. One is standard & the other is silent or quiet. I don't know what flash tool is needed these days for a modern AMD card, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Good luck with it!
BIOS_GPUZ.png

Edit: I'd like to add, I still wouldn't do it. :cautious:

Last edited:
Back