• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have a socket A setup? Want to do some benching?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KonaKona

Trashcan Man Member
Then have I got news for you! The OCF Benching team is holding it's First (1st) Annual Intra-Forum Mini Forum Wars "We were bored without our yearly forum wars so we did this instead" Competition! Most of the people competing are using those silly new chips that just take volts and multi, but luckily me and OptyTrooper are going to be benching some socket A gear for giggles and kicks! We need a few more people for the team though, so if you feel like trying out benching with an experienced overclocker and some bum that may or may not live in a van, then come sign up!

I don't think we have a sign up thread outside of the private lounge, this would be a nice place to sign up. Also, if you happen to be in the AMD forum with some old intel gear (478, 370.... 423? Really?) or even older AMD stuff, or just anything that will run 1024m wprime and a DX9 graphics card, then you're welcome to join in as well. :thup:

Hey, I happen to live in a van with a Socket A processor, and your comment offended me.

I'm gonna require a picture on that one.

Jiggaman, I might go hunt down a faster card for you. I wouldn't want to have to run any 3d benches on a 6200.

Jiggaman, I might go hunt down a faster card for you. I wouldn't want to have to run any 3d benches on a 6200.

I had a 5950 vmodded but I have no clue where it is anymore.

Lemme know what turns up. :)

I had a 5950 vmodded but I have no clue where it is anymore.

Lemme know what turns up. :)

I almost said that the 5950 didn't come in AGP, but then I remembered which 5000 series card you were talking about. :p

sure no prob:

818.jpg

Satisfied? :p

You might be surprised, it's certainly worth a shot IMO.
The thing to remember is that you're facing other people with the same chip(s). The fact that a sandybridge stomps a brisbane is by and large irrelevant, it's a matter of your brisbane vs their brisbane (your 5050e vs their 5050e, really).

No offence Bobnova but a Brisbane against what they are benching might as well be a Sandybridge lol. We're talking Palomino,Thoroughbred (A/B),Barton, and Thorton lol. My best on a Socket A (462) was a suicide at 2.7Ghz with a Mobile Barton and stable at 2.5Ghz, think I still have the screens somewhere (and the official "toaster" avatar ;)). Unfortunately I sold all my Socket A stuff.

Last edited:
This might be fun. I still have a nforce 2 board and a couple of xp-m along with the old 9800pro. I just need to see if my wc setup fits it.

I was talking about making the points to get on the team in the first place, that takes HWBot points, and for those you're competing on an apples to apples basis (for hardware points, there is a second points scale for "global" points that simply requires absolute speed).

Back