• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Looking for a good router

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DungeonOgre

Registered
I'm looking for a new router at the moment, and am looking for ideas. (My old Net Gear one is both ancient and damaged).

Does anybody have any routers they would recommend to share wireless internet with a couple of laptops, and two desktops?

I'm on a cable internet connection. It's also going to connect to an RCA cable modem.

Price ceiling: $150

Thanks.

[I posted another thread in the Internet section of this forum. This thread is no longer relevant]

Last edited:
are you going to use DD-WRT? or keeping it simple?

Nope. I'm just looking for a normal, single router that I can send wireless internet over to other computers in my house.

To tell you the truth, I know absolutely nothing about routers. I've heard about DD-WRT before, but I know absolutely nothing about it.

You may receive more replies if you posted here.

Anyway, if I were you, I'd grab a WR1043ND and ddWRT/Tomato/openWRT it.

If you don't want any kind of complex functions and just want a Install and Forget solution, go with Linksys. TPLink's stock firmware isn't world's better, IMHO.

Back