• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED How to clean the dust off?.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amnesiac

Bought this as a backup card few weeks ago.

Now i feel like cleaning it up fully.

Is the best method the IPA one?. I dont have it (Yet) but i have those Alcohol Pads with 70% Alcohol and 30% probably water (not written on them). I have cleaned it abit with those pads and of course taken the thermal paste off...

... and the little fan is making noise too. Yet too take the sticker off to see if there is any lubricating area.

Just being careful.

What do you suggest?.

Alcohol (91-97%) would be the best way, but I have used the pads before. Just make sure that it is good and dry if you use the 70% before you put it into a system

ArctiClean 1 and 2 60ML Kit.

Yes they are available for 15 Dollars shipped.

Its not available in my city but in another. But in the same city there is a (Genuine Seller and a trusted member on a Forum) guy selling 99.5% pure German Imported Isopropyl Alcohol. I am sure i can buy much more of that compared to these 30ML bottles.

Last edited:
Yeah. Done today with the GPU. Brat broke on me. Had to solder the wires again. Fully cleaned, new thermal paste, mx-3, and fully oiled. Running literally noiseless. If it was 10 on the scale of noise before, then now its 4.

Back