• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC wont boot with another celeron?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ozank

Registered
Alright people.
Clearin some things up first, so i got one intel celeron (1,8ghz) and spare one with same socket (2,9ghz) plus an ASUS P4B533 Motherboard.
The main problem is when im trying to use the celeron with 2,9ghz my pc wont boot it just starts beeping. This one at 1,8ghz works well but i would really like to use the 2,9ghz one. So how can i manage to get the 2,9ghz celeron to work on this pc? please help a dumbass lol.

well your gonna have to post all the specs of your system so we can help you. Like both of your processor specs. My best guess at this point is your 2.93ghz processor isn't supported by your motherboard. It is possible that all you may need is a bios update. If possible list the sspec of your chip? It is written on the top of your processor.

Did a quick check of the CPU support list for your board and there wasn't any 2.93 ghz chips on there. Celeron or P4 based.
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_478/P4B533X/#CPUS

I looked here:http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_478/P4P800X/#CPUS there is Celeron D 340 2,93ghz on this mobo so i think the 2,93ghz one just doesnt support P4B533. BTW i would use the other pc with 2,93ghz but its hard drive is broken and i dont think the hard drive from P4B533 supports this P4P800-X mobo?

Hmm i did some research and found that the ultra dma cable on this working pc supports P4P800-X But! I tried using this harddrive on the p4p800-x but when booting it said sumtin about cdrom and floppy not found? i think i accidently put the cd rom dma cable to the hard drive?

I just went to see some temperatures and i see this wtf???
cpu1.jpg
cpu2.jpg
I might of forgot to plug in the cpu fan cable...

Alright i think the heat thing was just some sort of bug...

I had a similar issue with a asus p5ld2 deluxe board, it gave me one beep and said cpu error press f1 to continue on my screen. I just needed to update the bios, and it fixed that issue right up.

I had a similar issue with a asus p5ld2 deluxe board, it gave me one beep and said cpu error press f1 to continue on my screen. I just needed to update the bios, and it fixed that issue right up.

yeah well on my case nothing shows up on my screen just beeping

Back